Clean Equipment = Happy Equipment
By All-Temp Heating & Cooling
Did you know that regular maintenance on your HVAC system can your lower utility bills and make your equipment last longer.
You wouldn’t drive your car 100,000 miles without changing the oil. The same logic holds true for your home comfort system. Regular HVAC preventative maintenance is the best way to ensure trouble-free operation and peak performance. Preventative maintenance (pre-season) is very important because, it can help to avoid a system failure in severe hot or cold weather when you need it most, and it can also keep your energy bill from getting out of control.
When Should I Do HVAC Equipment Maintenance?
- For a system that heats and cools: perform maintenance in the spring and fall
- For cooling system maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the cooling season
- For furnace maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the heating season.
Here are some simple HVAC maintenance tips you can do yourself:
- Change your filters once a month
- Clean outdoor coils whenever they appear dirty
- Occasionally, turn off power to the fan and clean it
- Remove vegetation and clutter from around the outdoor unit.
- Clean the supply and return registers in your home.
I hope that the tips have been helpful. Just remember that a HAPPY HVAC SYSTEM = a HAPPY HOMEOWNER.
To schedule an HVAC maintenance appointment with All-Temp, please contact us.