Are Leaking Ducts Costing You More Than You Think?
By All-Temp Heating & Cooling
The US Department of Energy (DOE) states that energy wasted from leaky residential ducts alone is equivalent to the energy burned by 13 million cars a year. Do you have high energy bills? Leaking air ducts may be to blame! Leaking ducts force your system to work harder and wear out sooner, costing you more money while failing to keep your home comfortable.
Are your home’s air ducts leaking? Ask yourself the following:
- Are there any hot or cold rooms?
- Is there excessive humidity?
- Is there excessive dust?
- Are there musty odors or fume smells?
Problems Caused by Leaking Air Ducts
You can see a water leak, but an air leak is invisible. Duct leaks can be difficult and costly to find with ductwork hidden between the walls, floors, and ceilings of any residential home or commercial building. The older, traditional use of mastic (a messy caulk-like substance) or taping of leaks not only is less effective than Aeroseal, but also can be very labor-intensive and expensive and can only be applied to ducts with physical access. Other substances break down over time, but the Aeroseal sealant does not and even has a 10 year warranty to back it up.
Leaky ducts in a residential home contribute to:
- A loss of cool and warm conditioned air to the outside or unconditioned spaces of your home, resulting in high energy bills
- A loss in energy efficiency for even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems
- Excess humidity levels that can lead to costly home repairs
- Difficulty heating or cooling rooms
- Musty odors and other indoor air quality (IAQ) issues
Fixing Leaking Air Ducts with Aeroseal
Do-it-yourselfers might attempt their own fixes, but what about those ducts you or your HVAC specialist can’t see or access? Let Aeroseal handle the entire job and you won’t be tearing up your home or worried about incomplete seals. Aeroseal pinpoints and covers leaks, in roughly an hour, from the inside out with a success rate of up to 98%. Aeroseal is the most effective, affordable, and viable method of sealing air duct leaks on the market.
What are the benefits?
- Airtight savings: The money formerly leaking out of your ducts will stay in your pocket longer
- Airtight comfort: Your hard to heat or cool rooms will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable
- Improved air quality: You will see a reduction in dust and humidity, along with fumes and other odors
- Reaches everywhere: Seals leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods
- You’ll be a small part of a bigger solution: Enjoy a reduction of the amount of air pollution created from generating less energy
- Solve your building air flow and ventilation problems – for good!
If you have any of these issues or concerns, we encourage you to contact All-Temp Heating & Cooling, LLC to learn more about our duct sealing services. We proudly serve clients in Waynesboro, Staunton, Harrisonburg, Stuarts Draft, Fishersville, and the surrounding areas.